Perch is a national online employment solution for academics seeking research opportunities.
“After interviewing research applicants across 18 universities, Perch found that the methods most commonly used to pursue research opportunities involve cold emailing and leveraging personal networks. Because most research positions are found through such haphazard processes, applicants face low success rates applying to research groups outside their personal networks, and are often unaware of the scope of university research in their discipline. Conversely, this process also impedes academic employers trying to recruit the best talent to their labs.”—Akira Nishii
Perch is a national online employment solution for academics seeking research opportunities, and for labs who are looking to hire the best talent. Using a proprietary matching algorithm, Perch connects applicants with employers based on the information they provide on their profile pages.
optiMize Cohort VI, Michigan Library Student Mini Grants, Zell Lurie Institute Dare to Dream Grants, Zell Entrepreneurs Program, Michigan Law Entrepreneurship Clinic and Zell Entrepreneurship and Law Program (ZEAL), Innovation in Action 2018, Entrepreneurial Advising
- Akira Nishii, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and College of Engineering, BS/BSE 2020, CEO
- Nolan Kataoka, College of Engineering, BSE 2020, COO
- Benjamin Bear, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, BS 2019, Frontend Website Development and UX Design
- Akshay Rao, College of Engineering, BSE 2020, Backend Website Development
- Han Wang, Michigan State University, College of Engineering, BSE 2019, Backend Website Development