Canopy provides a web application that helps people talk about and make end-of-life healthcare decisions, and then share those decisions through a legal document with loved ones and medical providers. Canopy is committed to ensuring that people from all walks of life have the tools they need today to better prepare for the healthcare issues of tomorrow.
Canopy’s recent accomplishments include:
- Won Graduate Grand Prize in the 2017 Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition and was awarded $6,000
- Placed second in the Seigle Impact track of the Michigan Business Challenge and was awarded $7,500, along with placing second in the elevator pitch competition associated with the challenge
- Accepted into the TechArb student venture accelerator for Winter 2018
- Finalist in the GreenLight Michigan Business Model Competition
- “As you look for people to join you on your journey into entrepreneurship, find people who complement your strengths and see the world differently than you. It’s common that all three of us will experience the same thing and walk away with completely different experiences. The diversity in our team has been one of our biggest strengths, and we highly recommend intentionally seeking out different points of view to others looking to start something new.”—Brandon Keelean, Stamps School of Art & Design, MDes 2018, Cofounder