CARt is breaking barriers to help Detroiters have better access to healthy food. Using existing ride-sharing companies like Lyft, CARt offers Detroit residents transportation to local grocery stores.
CARt’s recent accomplishments include:
- Won first prize in the 6th Annual Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition
- Won the Audience Choice Award at the A2 Health Hackathon
- Received the Center for Social Impact’s Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship
- Accepted into Grand Rapids’ Seamless Accelerator
- MVP of the 2016 summer TechArb cohort
- Partnership with Meijer on a 10-week, technology-enabled pilot at their two Detroit stores.
“It has been an honor to continue this idea into a business and my full-time job post graduation. I am dedicated to grow CARt as a solution that helps ensure all Americans have access to healthy foods and other health-enabling resources.” — Stacey Matlen, School of Public Health, MPH 2016
Learn more about CARt.